Monsterinsights’ recent report reveals that an extraordinary 91% of individuals have seen a surge in website traffic after utilizing video as part of their digital strategy!
Video content continues to become more popular on the web, from YouTube to Facebook and Instagram, and it’s no wonder everyone is focusing on creating more engaging content for their websites. Video is an incredibly powerful tool that can be used to engage with customers and deliver a message. But have you ever wondered how video impacts SEO? More importantly, does creating videos for your website actually help you rank higher in Google search engine results pages (SERPs)?
Yes! Video content can certainly have a positive effect on your website’s SERP rankings. The most important factor in ranking is your text and video-based content quality. By creating quality video content, you can provide users with valuable information in an engaging format, which will help your website raise the SERP rankings.
Search engines like Google crawl websites to understand what they contain—i.e., the site’s overall theme and the individual topics it covers in-depth. Once Google understands this, it can match a user’s query with the most relevant websites and present them in the search results.
If your website contains high-quality video content relevant to what people are searching for, there’s a good chance it will appear near the top of the SERPs. This is because videos provide another avenue for Google to “understand” your website and the text content.
It’s important to note that simply having video content on your website isn’t enough to guarantee improved SERP rankings. The videos you create need to be valuable and relevant to your target audience. When creating videos, consider the following:
• Video Length – Aim for videos that are no more than five minutes long. Longer videos may provide viewers with more information, but they’re also less likely to be watched in full by potential customers.
• Quality – Videos should be of high quality both visually and audibly. Poor audio or visuals can quickly turn off viewers, which means they won’t stay on your site long enough to benefit from your content.
• Topic Relevance – Be sure that the topics you cover in your video content are closely related to what people are searching for when looking for information about you or your products/services.
• Viewability – Make sure that the videos you create are easily accessible from any device and browser. Doing this will ensure viewers can access your content no matter where they are or what device they use.
How to Optimize Your Videos for SEO?
Video SEO works by helping your content rank higher in the SERPs (Search Engine Results Pages) when someone searches for certain keywords related to your video. This means that if you create videos around specific topics or phrases people are searching for, you’ll have a better chance of showing up at the top of the results page. Additionally, Google has heavily emphasized videos in its algorithm, meaning that having quality videos will boost your content’s ranking potential.
A study by HubSpot found that organic traffic from search engines increased by 157% after embedding a video into their landing page. Additionally, customers who view product videos are 1.81x more likely to purchase than non-viewers! These stats show the power of video content and how it can help your website’s visibility in SERPs.
Optimizing videos for SEO is essential if you want them to rank in SERPs. Here are some tips:
• Create a keyword-rich title – Your video title should include the main keywords you’re targeting. This helps search engines understand what your video is about, increasing the chances of it appearing in the search results.
• Use transcripts and captions – Google can’t “watch” or “listen” to videos as humans do, so transcripts and captions help them understand the content accurately. They also make videos more accessible to viewers with disabilities or those who don’t have access to audio.
• Write a compelling description – Your video description should include a brief overview of what the content is about, as well as relevant keywords. If you’re hosting your videos on YouTube, this description will be shown in the search results and can help draw potential viewers to your channel.
• Use tags – Tags are an excellent way to organize your videos and make them easier for search engines to categorize. Ensure all tags are relevant to the video’s topic and accurately describe its content.
If you remember these key tips when creating video content, you can be confident that it will make a real difference in boosting your website’s SERP rankings. Video offers an extraordinary opportunity to engage both new and existing customers alike. By optimizing the clips for SEO purposes, they become powerful tools for increasing visibility on search engine result pages. Unleash your creativity with videos – It just might unlock ever higher SERP rankings!
Do you have any questions about how video impacts SEO or how to optimize your videos for better SERP rankings? Contact Us! We’d be happy to chat with you about it.
we hope you found this blog post helpful. Thanks for reading! 🙂