Whether you need ideas on filling tables or selling franchises, we can help. Today, POS systems need to integrate with your website to make the ordering experience seamless. If you’re looking to turn your website into a full-time sales associate and not just an advertisement, contact us today!
Pi-Squared Pizza is a cutting edge Detriot style pizza restaurant in North and South Carolina. They focus on delivering high-quality food and superior service to the discriminating customer that wants more than a low-end pizza franchise experience.
Here were the top 3 problems identified by management:
- The business was not active online. It was not digitally engaging and attracting online customers in spite of it’s established brand reputation.
- The existing Pi-Squared Pizza website and online ordering were not working. They were not driving online sales.
- Commissions were paid out to Grubhub (over 25%), and other 3rd party ordering platforms were too significant vs. internal delivery.
A digital transformation project was kicked off in December 2015. The goal of the project was to drive online sales and growth through digital engagement.
RESTAURANT MARKETING CASE STUDY
The Digital Restaurant team provided strategy, web design, and marketing services.
The Digital Restaurant team performed a detailed SWOT analysis to understand strengths, identify any weakness and uncover any threats and opportunities for the restaurant locations. The team then developed a plan to implement the “growth marketing program.”
GROWTH MARKETING PROGRAM – is our 5-step process, a proven success formula for independent and small-chain restaurants to grow sales. The program has a clear strategy yet agile in implementing new marketing tactics to achieve the desired results.
A restaurant website re-design project was launched. The goal of the web design was to provide a smooth user experience for customers looking to order online.
A metric was established by asking the simple question “Would the customer prefer to order pizza on a busy night by calling the phone or order online on the computer, tablet or mobile phone ?”
We would measure success from actual feedback received from customers.
Within four weeks, a new website was launched and a new online ordering system set up with complete POS integration at all locations. This integration ensured a smooth operational flow of online orders directly to the kitchen.
Next, the website was SEO optimized and local presence established on various local directories to drive online traffic to the business.
Website/mobile app was designed and launched with integrated mobile ordering, rewards program and social integration.
With a solid digital foundation in place, the next step was to develop a 52-marketing calendar to launch campaigns to engage and drive customers to the business effectively.
Multi-channel nurturing and conversion campaigns were launched over email, social, website, and advertising. Customized offers and promotions were created for each location depending on business needs.
The next marketing strategy was to reduce 3rd party ordering channels (GrubHub, Eat24, MyPizza.com, Beyond Menu, Doordash, Slice, etc.) and redirect customers to Pi Square Pizza own website and mobile app for online ordering.
This customer redirection was done by first making it easy to order directly from Pi Squared Pizza website and mobile and providing coupon incentives to order direct. This helped realize savings by eliminating the 10-25% commissions paid to 3rd party online ordering companies, in addition to building the brand and customer loyalty to the business.
The results can be seen from Google search results below. The restaurant website is the top of search results, and all 3rd party ordering links have been eliminated, thus preventing the leak of traffic and revenues.
To grow the customer email database organically was a strategic decision made early to be able to cost-effectively re-market in future. As a result of integrating multiple email acquisition channels, the email list has grown over five times in 3 months compared to the last two years before March 2016.
Social media pages for all Pi-Squared locations were optimized and aligned with the branding strategy. Per the integrated marketing calendar engagement campaigns, we launched through the social, email and website channels.
Here are the results within the first 90 days of the initiative:
– Reduced phone orders during busy times (Fridays & Saturdays) as more customers are ordering online. Ordering online is more comfortable, faster and accurate compared to phone orders, in addition to no wait times.
– A significant increase in online sales at each of the locations.
– Fewer customer order errors when ordering online compared to phone orders.
– Reduced customer complaints due to reduced order errors and streamlined order taking and order fulfillment.
– Rapid customer email list growth. 100% organic, no need to buy lists.
– Increase in social media engagement.
– Reduction in online order commissions from 3rd party online ordering.
– Real-time customer feedback has helped improve operational efficiency.
– Active reputation management is done now by responding to immediate customer feedback vs. responding to negative Yelp and Facebook reviews.
With a combination of digital strategy + web design + marketing, Pi-Squared Pizza is positioned to continue on a growth trajectory with its marketing function supporting the business growth plans. The Digital Restaurant team continues to be the marketing partner in Pi-Squared Pizza’s success.